Thursday, March 20, 2008

Sorry About This

Seems like this blog is dissolving into not much more then an infant update station. Sorry about that.

There are many things going on right now - classes I'm taking, new changes to the nest, even a garden that is finally beginning to grow.

I begin to think on plans for the day, the week, the month... and all it takes is a phone ringing to drop my stomach to the floor and derail all thoughts.

She had another stroke last night, 20 minutes without her heart beating or blood flowing. It would also appear that she is only getting blood to her brain every third beat... so it isn't looking good. Its looked worse, and I'm holding on to that as is the rest of the family.

Sunday, for good or ill, I'm putting this down. I'll let everyone know after that if she passes... but as I'm 17 hours away and unable to do anything of any help, I have to kinda walk away from this all soon. My folks are headed northward to spend Easter with my brother's family, so I told her to let me handle the phones for the next few days. But when she gets back, I have to start living my life normally again. I'm not helping anyone stuck standing in a corner bleeding.

2 comments:

oonagh said...

blogging has a theme, yes, but when the only thing on your mind is a young one......it tends to be really hard to stick to that theme!! i personally think you are doing pretty well actually writing anything, as regularly as you are.......

but walking away from obsessing over it is prolly the best thing for your mental health....forcing yourself to write in the theme will also force you think of other things........

and you having better mental health will help everyone concerned, becuase you will have more energy to add to the situation if anything does occur (good or bad!) that you can help.....

i know this is roundabout, but i know you understand it......

hugs......

Rubenesque said...

Isn't it funny how a month that started with a resolution to be more meditative quickly went into a frenetic overdrive?

Maybe you should plan for zanieness next month and you might get some peace and breathing room?

Breathe in.... breathe out.... in.... out.... and remember that yoga is coming soon.