Wednesday, August 8, 2007

With Sincere Apologies to Shel Silverstein

It’s hot!
I can’t get cool – what’s a natural nerd to do?
I’ve drunk a quart of lemonade – maybe two or three.
I think I’ll take my shoes off and sit around in the shade…
Except there is no shade to be had, and to remove ones shoes would mean leaving the top five layers of skin stuck to the asphalt.

It’s HOT!
My back is sticky – so is my front, both sides… and I think the top of my head just sprung a leak.
I think I’ll take my clothes off and sit around in my skin….
Except the FedEx guy is due and I can’t answer the door in the nude, so bra and knickers are as far as I can strip.

IT’S HOT!
I’ve tried with ‘lectric fans –and an old air conditioner, it’s true.
And pools and ice cream cones – ice pops and ice cubes. Still hot, now sticky too.
I think I’ll take my skin off and sit around in my bones. Did you know skeletons sweat?
IT’S STILL HOT!

The next time someone says global warming isn’t happening I’m knocking them down and sitting on them.


Sorry for the above drivel, but my brain seems to have melted and washed away.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Se você quiser linkar meu blog no seu eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso.(If you speak English can see the version in English of the Camiseta Personalizada.If he will be possible add my blog in your blogroll I thankful, bye friend).